For those who want a wholesome, protein-packed breakfast to make forward and eat on the go, you’ll love this straightforward mini quiche recipe with ham and cheese. It’s nice for breakfast, brunch, meal prep, and again to high school.
Mini Quiche Recipe with Ham and Cheese
To loosen up the quiche, I exploit phyllo crust and yogurt as a substitute of cream, which provides protein and makes the eggs creamy and scrumptious. They warmth up effectively or could be loved at room temperature, making them splendid for meal prep. It’s also possible to swap up the quiche fillings together with your favourite cheese or one other meat, like sausage or bacon. If you would like extra egg muffin concepts, strive these Loaded Egg Muffins, Excessive-Protein Egg White Muffins, and Petite Crustless Quiche.
Mini Quiche Substances
- Phyllo: You’ll want eight phyllo sheets for the crust.
- Ham: Mince 4 ounces of ham steak or deli ham.
- Salt and Pepper season the eggs.
- Cheese: Shred three ounces of cheddar cheese.
- Yogurt: Use full-fat common yogurt, not Greek yogurt.
- Eggs: You’ll want eight massive eggs for 12 mini quiches.
Make Mini Quiche
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a muffin tin with olive oil spray.
- Mini Quiche Crust: Place a phyllo sheet on a clear work floor, evenly spray it with oil, and high with one other phyllo sheet. Repeat with two extra sheets and oil. Reduce the phyllo into four-inch squares, and match every sq. into the ready muffin cups. Repeat the method with the remaining phyllo.
- Ham: Put about one tablespoon of ham into every phyllo cup.
- Egg Combination: Whisk the yogurt, eggs, salt, and pepper till clean and evenly divide it among the many cups within the muffin tin.
- Bake: High every phyllo cup with cheese and bake for about half-hour till the eggs are set and the phyllo is golden.
Mini Quiche Variations
- Cheese: Swap cheddar for Swiss, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or pepper jack.
- Meat: Sub ham for cooked sausage, bacon, or chorizo.
- Vegetarian Mini Quiche: Omit the meat and add your favourite veggies, like bell peppers or broccoli.
- Mini Quiche with out Crust: Skip the phyllo for mini quiche with out the carbs.
- Crust Different: Substitute refrigerated premade pie dough lower into four-inch squares for the phyllo.
A quiche sometimes has a crust, one thing like phyllo or pie dough. A crustless quiche is just a quiche with none pastry. For those who favor crustless mini quiches, omit the phyllo.
Two Issues: Dairy: Quiche is an egg custard and sometimes has some type of liquid dairy, like milk, cream, or half and half or, on this case, yogurt. If frittatas have dairy, it’s normally solely cheese. Cooking Methodology: A frittata cooks on the range and finishes within the oven, and a quiche solely cooks within the oven.
It’s important to completely spray the muffin tin on the edges and backside to forestall the quiche from sticking to the pan. A nonstick muffin pan is finest to keep away from sticking. Earlier than eradicating the eggs after they’ve baked, allow them to cool first. If they’re nonetheless caught after cooling, use a skinny knife to loosen them from the edges of the pan.
These wholesome mini quiches are incredible for meal prep since they last as long as 4 days within the fridge. You’ll be able to microwave or eat them at room temperature for a fast breakfast or snack. It’s also possible to freeze them for as much as three months and thaw them within the fridge or microwave them straight from frozen.
Extra Egg Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 2 mini quiches
Warmth the oven to 350°F. Spray 12 cups in a muffin tin with olive oil spray.
Place a phyllo sheet on a clear work floor, evenly spray with oil and high with one other phyllo sheet. Repeat with two extra sheets and oil.
Reduce the phyllo into 4-inch squares. Match one sq. every within the ready muffin cups. Repeat with the remaining phyllo to make 12 whole.
Divide the ham in every phyllo cup, about 1 tablespoon every.
Whisk yogurt, egg, salt and pepper till clean. Evenly divide among the many phyllo cups (about scant 1/4 cup in every).
High every with 1 tablespoon cheese and bake about half-hour till eggs are set and phyllo is golden.
Please depart a score and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 mini quiches