I’m again with one other go-to frosting recipe for your whole dessert adorning adventures. This week it’s time to have a good time with probably the most excellent, fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting that may simply be was a beautiful birthday cake frosting!
Vanilla buttercream is a type of frosting recipes that goes with actually the whole lot. I imply, who can resist the scrumptious sweetness of vanilla? This frosting recipe comes from my unimaginable Wholesome Birthday Cake, however simply so occurs to pair completely with cookies (like these), brownies, and even pretzels and graham crackers for a little bit dip motion.
You’re simply 4 elements away (5 when you love sprinkles) from whipping up this stunning buttercream. Choices to simply make it vegan and dairy free, too!
All the pieces you’ll have to make the perfect vanilla buttercream frosting
As I discussed, this simple vanilla buttercream frosting recipe requires simply 4 easy elements, plus sprinkles to make it a birthday cake frosting! Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Butter: as a result of it is a buttercream frosting, the bottom is comprised of butter. I all the time use salted butter in my cooking and baking recipes, however you should utilize unsalted butter when you’d like. This recipe is technically an “American buttercream frosting” as a result of there’s no cream cheese or shortening concerned.
- Powdered sugar: we’re sweetening this frosting with powdered sugar, AKA confectioners’ sugar.
- Vanilla: for that scrumptious vanilla taste you’ll add a pair teaspoons of vanilla extract. Learn to make your personal vanilla right here!
- Milk: you could want so as to add a little bit milk to make the frosting additional creamy. Be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like! I sometimes use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Many vanilla buttercream recipes name for including heavy whipping cream to clean it out, however I discover that any kind of milk works nicely.
- Sprinkles: make the perfect birthday cake frosting by merely folding sprinkles into the frosting!
Can I make it vegan and dairy free?
Be at liberty to make vegan and dairy free vanilla buttercream by merely utilizing a vegan buttery stick like Earth Stability as a substitute of standard butter. Then merely add dairy free milk (just like the unsweetened vanilla almond milk I take advantage of). Really easy!
A simple refined sugar free swap
In case you’d like, you may also use my do-it-yourself paleo powdered sugar with a purpose to make this birthday cake frosting refined sugar free. My paleo powdered sugar recipe makes use of coconut sugar as a substitute of standard sugar and although I haven’t examined it out myself on this recipe, I believe it ought to whip up nicely. Let me know within the feedback when you strive it, and observe that it’s going to make the frosting barely darker in coloration because of the coloration of the coconut sugar.
Birthday cake frosting in 3 easy steps
- Whip the butter. Begin by including softened butter to the bowl of an electric mixer and whipping it on excessive till it’s gentle and creamy.
- Combine the frosting. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip the frosting for 2-3 extra minutes till it’s nicely mixed and fluffy. In case you like your frosting a little bit creamier, add in a teaspoon or two of milk to assist skinny it out and get the correct consistency.
- Add the social gathering. In case you’re making a birthday cake frosting, fold within the sprinkles with a spatula in order that they don’t break up. In any other case, benefit from the vanilla buttercream as is!
Can I take advantage of a hand mixer?
Completely! In case you don’t have a stand mixer, be at liberty to whip up this vanilla birthday cake frosting in a big bowl utilizing a hand mixer.
Don’t neglect this tip for tremendous fluffy frosting
To get the right fluffy consistency, you’ll wish to whip collectively the entire elements utilizing an electrical mixer on low velocity after which enhance to medium-high velocity. This can create stunning peaks within the frosting and make it simple to frost your favourite treats. Don’t neglect so as to add a little bit little bit of milk at a time to succeed in your required consistency. This can even assist to make the frosting simpler to unfold.
How a lot frosting will you get?
This recipe will make sufficient frosting to frost 3 6-inch spherical truffles or 2 8-inch spherical truffles. It’s excellent for making an attractive layered cake! In case you’d prefer to frost an 8×8 or 9×9-inch sq. cake I like to recommend halving the recipe.
The important thing to a wonderfully frosted cake
I love to do a crumb coat on my truffles in order that they’ve that clear bakery look. To take action, frost every layer as you usually would, coat the surface of the cake with a really skinny layer of frosting, after which place it within the fridge for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than you end frosting. That is in order that the crumbs stick with the skinny layer of frosting and never your foremost layer! I like to make use of an offset spatula to frost my truffles.
Our favourite methods to make use of it
- At room temperature: this birthday cake frosting will keep good at room temp for a few day on a cake.
- Within the fridge: be at liberty to maintain the frosting within the fridge for as much as per week when you’re trying to put together it forward of time. Let the frosting come to room temp earlier than utilizing it. After you’ve frosted your cake or one other dessert, I additionally suggest storing the cake within the fridge after at some point.
Freezer-friendly birthday cake frosting
You’ll be able to freeze this frosting for as much as 3 months in an airtight container or freezer-friendly bag. Once you’re prepared to make use of it, merely let it thaw within the fridge, let it come to room temp, after which re-whip it in your electrical mixer.
Extra cake recipes you’ll love
Get all of my cake recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this vanilla buttercream frosting recipe! In case you make it be sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it (and the way you used it). Get pleasure from, xo!
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
The proper fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting made with simply 5 easy elements. This simple birthday cake frosting may be made vegan and dairy free and is fantastic in your favourite truffles, cupcakes, cookies, and extra. You may by no means return to store-bought frosting once more!
- 1 cup salted butter (or vegan buttery stick reminiscent of Earth Stability), at room temperature
- 2 ½ – 3 cups powdered sugar **
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Elective: 2 teaspoons milk (I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- ⅓ cup sprinkles (for birthday cake frosting)
Within the bowl of an electrical mixer, add the softened butter (or vegan butter) and whip on excessive till gentle and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat slowly at first, then enhance velocity to excessive and beat for 2-3 minutes. Chances are you’ll want so as to add in a teaspoon or two of milk to skinny the frosting out, however it will depend on the way you prefer it. Get pleasure from as is or fold sprinkles into the frosting with a spatula to make birthday cake frosting!